An electric skateboard, also known as an e-skateboard, is an advanced and modern version of skateboard which runs by use of an electric motor. The rider uses an RF remote to control it. Unlike the traditional or generic skateboard which is usually used more as a hobby or for sport, the electric skateboard has the capacity of being a more convenient way of traveling around town.
That said, it’s important to note that most electric skateboards are quite expensive, and not everybody can afford them. However, there are some less expensive electric skateboards available on the market. In this article, we are going to review 5 cheap electric skateboards to consider;
Cheap Electric Skateboards – Reviews
(Updated March, 2017)
4Yuneec E-GO Cruiser
Yuneec E-Go Cruiser is the go to electric skateboard for those looking for a cheap, but high quality electric skateboard. Yuneec E-GO Cruiser has the perfect balance between price, quality and functionality. This e-skateboard can travel up to about 18 miles on just a single charge, and can reach speeds of up to about 12.5 mph.
It’s one of the lightest e-skateboards on the market, and features an eco-friendly, 400 watt engine, and a lightweight battery. The intuitive sliding switches of its’ wireless remote along with its’ ergonomic design, makes it fun to use, while its’ polyurethane wheels offer a very comfortable ride even on uneven surfaces.
– It’s lightweight and easy to carry.
– It has an awesome design, with perfectly integrated electric systems.
– It’s weatherproof, (note; not waterproof).
– It offers great acceleration.
– It has a slim and lightweight battery which can reach 18 miles on a single charge.
– It delivers a really fun skateboarding experience.
– It has brakes only on 1 wheel.
– It only runs at a maximum speed of about 12.5 mph.
3Dynacraft Surge Electric Skateboard
This electric skateboard is manufactured by Dynacraft; one of the largest privately held distributor of scooters, bicycles and various battery powered ride-on. The Surge e-skateboard is a remote controlled board which will hit speeds of 6 mph, and can reach about 4 miles on a single charge.
The Dynacraft Surge is made out of maple wood baseboard which offers easier balancing, and features a comfort grip tape deck which offers better control. It has a 33 inch deck which makes it ideal for cruising around your neighborhood. This electric skateboard is perfect for beginners who are over the age of 8 years.
– It’s safe for newbies.
– It has a really cool design.
– It’s lightweight at 22 lbs, meaning you can carry it wherever you go.
– It’s affordable.
– It only runs a top peed of about 6 miles per hour.
– It has a range of only 4 miles.
2Maverix Cruiser 600
The Maverix cruiser electric skateboard is the ideal for those looking for a an e-skateboard which can handle long rides. The Maverix Cruiser offers great flexibility and adhesion, and provides super riding experience on smooth surfaces. The Maverix Cruiser has a 3 speed level; it has a speed level for beginners, intermediate, and also for experts.
– It’s ideal for riding on smooth surfaces.
– It’s appropriate for the long rides.
– Its’ 3 speed level lets users adjust the speed according to their skill level.
– It has excellent braking control.
-There’s no troubleshooting in its’ manual.
-At times, it has inconsistent speeds.
1Acton Blink Lite
Acton Blink Lite is an electric skateboard manufactured by Acton, and is designed to be the most lightweight electric skateboard on the market. It’s not only one of the lightest, but also one of the cheapest electric skateboards on the market. It’s made of high quality parts, and is ideal for both adults and kids. The Acton Blink Lite is actually a favorite amongst the skating community due to its’ innovative design, along with its’ superb maneuvering ability.
– It’s budget friendly.
– It comes with a really great app.
– It’s lightweight, meaning it’s easy to carry.
– It has regenerative braking.
– It has a really good design.
– It may not be able to handle some inclines.
– t only has a maximum speed of 10mph.